Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oowlen





























A great sleepy owl rests by day

Within my heart, my throat and head

And then again by night

He flies around instead


Those by day who see him

Are fooled

He must be a lazy creature

But while they lie asleep so fast

They miss his active feature


His eyes absorb the lumen

Which shines within the dark

His powers are understated

No bird can match his mark


All the knowledge known by

And all the cares of man

Can not approach this being

Of soul and air and land


From dusk ’till dawn

No sun nor light

With perfect sight

He rules our yawn

And thrives without a foe


Swallowed whole

Both flesh and soul

Their bones the moon he’ll show

While along their merry way they go

And on the ground they stay

Hapless nocturnal creatures

In terror become his prey

The rat, the gopher, the squirrel, the snake

A moment take

In a flash of fright

To make a meal so right


Of God nor man afraid

And in the morn

With grace adorned

A fool’s immersed in scorn

Though fifteen ravens attempt a raid

The owl moves not a feather

And if he does

They flee in fear

A rogue has met his better


As all the gods delight

Its due to you I feel my might

When in the black you take your flight

To feed and fly my owl

And as my thoughts do tend to scatter

And while to sleep with you I’d rather

Its inner strength I gather

To live and face another day

No comments:

Post a Comment