Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thank You Starbucks















12/20/09, $5.99 per 12oz, good job!















For months, I’ve been dismayed by the rising price of whole bean coffee. First of all…why isn’t it cheaper than ground? Does anyone remember when you could buy bulk whole bean coffee at the supermarket and it was cheaper than branded ground coffee? Why is a higher cost passed on to us folks who grind? We should be passed on the savings for them not having to grind it. Does anyone remember 1973? Inflation? It all reportedly began with(among other things) the price of coffee. When whole bean coffee gets beyond $7.00 per 12 oz package on sale…I quit buying it. My Quisinart Grind and Brew machine(the second one that I’ve had) gets lonely. Today I got 12 oz Starbucks coffee for $6.49: so I bought six. There is nothing like the volatile oils and emollients of fresh ground whole bean coffee. When you add B complex, a 400mg capsule of DL phenylalanine or two and the odd couple of 10mg phenylephrine HCL(or one or two 30mg pseudoephredrine HCL's) you’ve got something better than street drugs. Party on.



No comments:

Post a Comment