Saturday, March 7, 2009

Go figure

Innate kung fu awareness…


The following experience comes from when I was a child in the fifth grade. I only wish that it had been somehow captured on video. I was standing with a circle of friends on the playing field at Irwin Elementary School in Victorville California one morning at the bottom of a grassy knoll(I know), when I heard my name called…"Steve". What happened next can have no physical scientific explanation. That is why I am sharing it now with the world. Something took over my body. The toe of my right foot planted directly behind my left heel and my body executed a perfect about face with both arms outstretched at a thirty degree angle, hands open, elbows locked, palms forward. At that instant, another youth, Jerome(Tyrone?) Potter, who was in the sixth grade…made contact with the butt of my palms. I heard a chirping sound as his chest met the my outstretched hands. He had been in mid air about to make contact and land in the middle of my back, having run flying from the small hill behind me. My body did not move when contact was made. It was as if he had encountered steel. The wind was knocked out of him and as he lay on his back on the ground he struggled to issue the words…I’m going to kill you. He was subsequently expelled for misdeeds and I never saw him again. Upon querying my friends, it turns out that no one said my name that morning. Explain that..

Tears At The Birthday Party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91RHmkfNsOY

No comments:

Post a Comment