Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Or as I've often said...

A distillation of our Judeo Christian Heritage(actually a very short story) :

OK. Don’t throw Christianity away just yet. After all, we have really committed an awful amount of effort over the years to insure its survival and continued influence upon Humanity. It can help us in our goal toward political noncontradiction and a more harmonic human experience. Maybe that is what the Romans had in mind all along…before things got "Lost in Translation". Here’s how it goes: I can truthfully and honestly say that I accept Jesus into my heart as my personal savior so long as I know that the person or persons I’m telling that to understand the language I’m speaking. I don’t want to mislead anyone when it comes to matters concerning God. Might not be a good idea right? So what does "Jesus" mean? What is it precisely that I am accepting into my heart as my personal savior? Meanings in bible days were the important thing: especially about names. "Jesus".."Yeshua" or Joshua all mean the same thing: "Jehovah(or Yahweh) is salvation".

So what does Yahweh or Jehovah mean? What is it that is salvation? What precisely is it that is salvation that I am accepting into my heart? The meaning of JHVH or YHWH is: "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be"…it is the imperative or future tense of the old "I Am That I Am" proclaimed by Moses. Therefore. Ergo. Soforth. And ipso facto: "Jesus", who I accept into my heart as my personal savior actually and truthfully means …"I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be is salvation". Easy enough right? So why all of the problems everywhere? Maybe its just poor leadership. That’s all I can figure. Maybe I need to take a History class. Maybe there is more to it. Beats me.

Bjork: Pagan Poetry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ALmN1d-Lw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment